QUICKCUTZ FOR SALE NEVER USED!!!

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Thoughts of Randomness

Extreme Makeover Home Edition has been here for several weeks now doing makeovers on things around the gulf coast that were flattened by Hurricane Katrina. This whole week they have been working on a Katrina Memorial where the Town Green is or should I say was here in Biloxi. Last night my best friend Mike and I left the kids at home with their daddy and headed on down. We knew they were running a little behind but we also knew it would be very crowded so we decided to leave around 6:45. We waited until about 8:30 and then they finally unveiled the memorial. We couldn't see all that well because of so many people that were there but I did manage to get a few crappy pics. I am going to go back in a few days after the dust settles so I can get a close up. They also rebuilt the Coastal Family Health Clinic (a clinic for poor or under priviledge people) here in the city as well. I haven't gone by to see it yet but everyone says it's very nice. Unfortunately I didn't get to see Ty because he was not here he is in Louisiana heading up there projects... GRRRR!!!! It was Preston (one of the designers on the show) heading up all of ours. That's ok though cause he was just as nice and better looking in person.


This was our candle from the candle light ceremony they had in remembrance of all those who have survived and lost their lives to Katrina

Image hosting by Photobucket
This was one of the chicks that was passing out the candles with the design team.

Image hosting by Photobucket
This was the group of poeple that were on the side across from us. Obviously they were closer to everything than we were. They had probably been out there for hours before us. I was freezing my butt off the hour and a half that we stood out there. BRRR!!! This was Preston and another member of the design team along with the cameras passing out candles as well to everybody.

Image hosting by Photobucket
This is the memorial (all that I could get of it). It was so freaking crowded and I am so short I couldn't see all that well. So I just held that heavy ass Rebel up and just started taking pics. This was the best one I got. hehehehe I will return sometime this week and get another great pic and hopefully get up really close to see all the detail.

Also yesterday, I went and weighed in...UGGGGHHHH I gained a pound and a half. That sucks. I am still under my goal weight by 3 1/2 pounds but still...So this week I am bound and determined to stay away from the King Cakes ( I love Mardi Gras time) and the powered donuts with chocolate milk and the cookies that I have been baking and all that junk food I have been wanting for reason's unknown because I am not a sweets person. Hmmm...that's probably why I gained a pound and a half. Gosh it just hit me because yesterday I couldn't understand WHY I gained weight. BWAHAHAHA!!

And my friends I leave you with this funny pic:

Image hosting by Photobucket
Poor fella he just can't seem to stay out the limelight as much as he trys.

12 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Great that they have built a memorial so quickly.

Now as for you and the weight thing... mardi gras is supposed to be about decadence. I say eat the donuts and "King Cakes" (don't know what they are.... and worry about it after!!!

Scott

2/16/2006 6:44 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

I'll be waiting on more pics of the memorial. Maybe I can sneak to New Orleans and get a peek at Ty!

2/16/2006 6:57 AM  
Blogger Just this Girl said...

ong! greta i love you this much!
and since i can't seem to type your name without going back and correcting the "great" that i initially put in - you will now be known as great in my book!
cool?

weight shmeight

it's pissing me off
just take "what she's having"
and be happy!
i love food

but i did manage to throw away my red velvet cake that i made. i ate one piece and threw the rest of it away!

wow
that was stupid in retrospect...

2/16/2006 7:03 AM  
Blogger Greta Adams said...

just call me greta the great....BWAHAHAA!!!

2/16/2006 7:32 AM  
Blogger Shanna said...

oh, to see Ty...that would be yummy. Preston is pretty hot too but Ty...mmmmm

2/16/2006 8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That memorial is touching! I can't wait to see the pics up close. I gained this week too, I'm atributing it to PMS and bloating (sounds good to me!)

Poor Dick.....

2/16/2006 9:48 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Hi Greta I wanted to get over there to see them building it but didn't get the chance. I haven't been to Biloxi since Katrina. I have gotten as far as Gulfport. Maybe soon I can get over that way.

2/16/2006 12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its amazing that they are already done with the memorial so soon! I LOVE that Ferrari!! and funny Cheney collage!

2/16/2006 1:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like a nice memorial! I want to go to the Auto Show this coming week, there's always a ferrari there.

2/16/2006 2:34 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

Mmmmm, I love powdered doughnuts too. That's really cool about the Extreme Home Makeover folks working in Biloxi. Did you get a glimpse of Ty??

2/16/2006 3:11 PM  
Blogger Raina* said...

As soon as I read the first line, I was like "Whoa, did Greta meet Ty?"

Cause I'd be soo jealous.... You can't have a tight tummy and a 'Ty sighting'.

2/16/2006 8:37 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

That poster is hilarious. Mind if I borrow it?

2/18/2006 10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home