QUICKCUTZ FOR SALE NEVER USED!!!

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Happy Birthday to Melana!!

Well Friday my baby girl turned 2...We decided to have her Birthday on Saturday. She wanted a Strawberry Shortcake Birthday. We had it at the park and it was such a pretty day. However I was sick as a dog. I caught this bug that everyone is having and of all day's to get it. It was all I could do to keep from throwing up and then to top it off the park no longer had bathrooms thanks to Hurricane Katrina. I woke up Saturday morning not knowing if I was truly going to be able to make her 2nd Birthday party. Of couse 2 hours before the party is when I really got sick and it was to late to cancel then. I did however pull myself together enough to go and the kids had a blast. We ordered pizza and had cake and drinks.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Thank you aunt K-K for making my cake

Image hosting by Photobucket
She thought she was going to walk down the slide but soon realized that wasn't a good idea.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Mason hard at play

Image hosting by Photobucket
Melana thought instead of helping open up her presents she would just sit in "Honey's" (that's what they call my mom) lap and watch.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Melana Elise 2 years old

Image hosting by Photobucket
This is Annie and her daddy Jamie. This is my best friend from all through school's little girl and hubby. Don't you just want to eat her up?

Image hosting by Photobucket
Here are the 3 Amigo's: Bella, Mason and Donovan. Don't they look thrilled to have to sit there and watch Melana open her presents? They wanted to go and play and we torchered them and made them sit still....hehehe

Melana got some really nice stuff for her birthday.

She received some really cute outfits, and some pj's and money, slong with toys and a baby stroller and carrier for her dolls. She also got some dress up clothes. It's a flapper outfit and it is the cutest thing on her. She also got a purse among a bunch of other things from her Biz. Once she opened that purse and that Whipstick that Biz bought her that was all she wrote. She didn't care about anything. She was not letting that purse out of site.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Melana and her cute flapper costume!!

Image hosting by Photobucket
Melana's Strawberry Shortcake Purse Biz made her

15 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

Wow...I LOVE that cake! I would love to have a SS birthday for my daughter when she turns two. She's just turning one now, so I have lots of time to prepare. The purse is adorable too and so is SHE!! So sorry to hear you were so sick. Ugh!

Thanks so much for the very kind words on my blog. I really appreciate it.

3/12/2006 9:58 AM  
Blogger jessica said...

Awesome photos! Happy Birthday to your baby girl and I hope you are feeling better.

3/12/2006 11:52 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

I'm so glad you didn't have to miss the birthday party!! That cake is just adorable and so is your daughter....just precious.

3/12/2006 1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!! She is the CUTEST!!!!!

I'm sorry you were so sick too!!

That little flapper outfit is adorable! And strawberry shortcake!!! Man!! I wish my girl was at least a tad bit girly, I missed out! Can I borrow her?? Oh wait, let me know the next time you plan on putting her on ebay again! I'll snatch her up!

3/12/2006 2:39 PM  
Blogger flounder said...

Way to suck it up and git-r-dun, mom!

3/12/2006 3:07 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Cute pictures. I am glad that you were able to make the party. I hope that you feel better soon. Took me about a week to get over mine.

Scott

3/13/2006 6:08 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Cute pictures. I am glad that you were able to make the party. I hope that you feel better soon. Took me about a week to get over mine.

Scott

3/13/2006 6:08 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

She is indeed a cutie and it looks like y'all had fun. Sorry about being sick. Everybody is getting sick lately!

3/13/2006 7:49 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

shes a cutie pie!!
Are you feeling better now??

3/13/2006 9:45 AM  
Blogger CP said...

Aw, what an adorable little girl. Give her a big smooch and tell her that a princess in the land of sunshine says Happy Birthday to her!

thanks for visiting my blog, Greta. It's not always that morbid. ;)

See ya soon!

CP.

3/13/2006 11:51 AM  
Blogger Raina* said...

Everytime you talk about Melana and 'whipstick' it cracks me up.

3/13/2006 6:09 PM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

we had such a good time on saturday. i am *so* glad that she liked her purse and all the goodies. hated to hear that she ate the bath fizzies, but what can ya do???


give melana a hug from her biz :)

3/14/2006 10:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I see her smiling!!!! :) You caught a half smile on camera!

Love the cake :)

Happy Birthday Melena!!!

3/16/2006 7:51 AM  
Blogger Just this Girl said...

holy cow!!!
it's roxy heart in her flapper!!!
bwahahahaha!
your kids must be a hoot
drive to texas for a play date!
and sat in honey's lap!
bwahaha! that's what laken did.
pffffft

3/16/2006 2:13 PM  
Blogger Alex S said...

Oh my! All my Strawberry Shortcake memories have come gushing forth! I would have DIED for that cake when I was a child. I love that Strawberry Shortcake has become so popular again.

3/18/2006 12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home