QUICKCUTZ FOR SALE NEVER USED!!!

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Is that an Infection??

Well this weekend was a total bummer. Friday morning I noticed a bump on Melana's leg. It looked like a mosquito bit her and she scratched it. It was about the size of a nickel. I drop her off at daycare and they called about an hour later saying that the bite looks like a staph infection. Of course i am saying nah she got bit by a mosquito and told then the size that it was. They inform me that it was now the size of a small orange. Whaaaaatttt? So I leave and take her to the doctor. Of course wouldn't you know it...Melana has a staph infection. So the Dr. draws on her leg with a sharpie just outside the actual area that is all shades of red. Writes me 2 million dollars worth of prescriptions and tells me that if it spreads outside the lines or gets any more puffy than it already is to bring her back immediately. I leave drop of her prescriptions and head for lunch with Elizabeth. While at lunch I looked at it again and it was waaaay outside that line. So we head back to the doctor's office where they inform me they are going to have to admit her.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
After sticking my baby 7 times..yes that's right 7 times with an IV needle they finally got it in her foot. Her vains kept blowing. She was screaming anything she could for them to leave her alone. Anything from she wasnted candy to she wanted to pee pee...you name it and she screamed it.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Melana and me. She sure knows how to play the sick card that's for sure. And believe you me she played it on more than 1 occasion. She never let us forget she has a bo bo. Evertime the nurses came in she wanted us to hurry and cover up her legs and everything else all the way up to her neck because she thought in her mind if I cover them they will forget about it. She would give them hell everytime they wanted to just look at her infection. Poor baby!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is what staph infection looks like!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Melana told the nurse that her baby had a bo bo too so she needed a bandaid.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Melana the next day decided she was getting restless and wanted her toenails and fingernails painted along with "pretty's" in her hair and a dress on. She is walking back from the bathroom with her IV and daddy in tow.

On Saturday was Elizabeth's little girl, Bella's birthday party so I left the hospital while O'Neil stayed with Melana and took him. He had a great time. The thing he likes the most is getting in and out the pool though because he likes to climb up and down the ladder...grrrrr!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
like I said.....up and down.....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The 3 amigos posing with the monkey. I just love this pic.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Since Melana couldn't make it Elizabeth sent her goody bag to the hospital with me for her. Of course she ate the crackers and cheese right away before she could move on to the next thing in it.

Sunday we were finally release to go home after a miserable stay. Melana kept telling the nurses and doctor she wanted to go home. It's hard to keep a 2 year old quarentined in those small rooms for to long. Thank god the doctor said we could go. I would have ended up cutting my throat had we had to stay another night. She was restless and I couldn't blame her. She had had enough and so did I.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Melana toting her suitcase out the hospital telling all the nurses bye bye and thanks for making her bo bo go away...awwwwww.....they just loved her so. She was a trooper while there I have to give her that.

Hope everyone else had a better holiday than I did. Oh yeah, I almost forgot here is my new car.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Now this is the only pic I had a chance to take with all that is going on I promise more and a full reveiw for those of you that asked. I am behind on blogs but I will catch up as soon as time allows. I know you understand!!

xoxox

20 Comments:

Blogger Shanna said...

aww poor melana!! hospitals are not easy!

5/28/2006 5:23 PM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

girl, i am so glad that she got to go home and didn't have to have it lanced. i worried so much about that.

thank your lucky stars that she behaved as well as she did. being in the hospital with a little one sucks.

tell melana her biz is so glad that she is home and happy that she liked her goodie bag.

we'll have to pick another day soon to go to my mom's to go swimming!

5/28/2006 6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor little thing!! And poor you! I'm glad she's feeling better, she is so dang cute!!! Glad Mason enjoyed the ladder! LOL!! And your car is beautiful! Did you name her yet?

5/28/2006 8:00 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

Ohmigoodness, you guys had quite a weekend but I'm glad that your little one is all better and back home now where she's happy. I've never seen a staph infection so I wouldn't have known what that was either?? Cute car!

5/28/2006 11:18 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Oh man, that is a rough. I hope that she is doing okay.

Scott

5/29/2006 6:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awwwww :( Poor Melana : ( She's a trooper though. Glad she's feeling better.

5/29/2006 9:11 AM  
Blogger angieoh! said...

ooooh, Melana looks so sweet, what a rough weekend! You need a vacation from your holiday weekend! I think she has earned playing the sick card for awhile, getting those needle pokes is the worst! Glad she is feeling better.

5/29/2006 4:46 PM  
Blogger Di said...

Poor Melana, but she seems to be a trooper. I bet everyone was in love with that cutsie face! :) Love the doll with the band-aid, haha.

Don't forget to have some pics taken of ya hawtness in the car, lol....love your new header pic, lol.....ya hawt mamma!

5/30/2006 2:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, I hope she is doing much better now, I hate hospitals, yuck

5/30/2006 5:34 AM  
Blogger flounder said...

More fun things for me to look forward to as a new parent.

Thanks for the "heads up".

5/30/2006 6:08 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Poor baby. Glad she is better.

5/30/2006 6:20 AM  
Blogger Alli's Mom said...

Poor little thing! What a trooper she was though! Glad she is feeling better....

5/30/2006 7:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh I hate when they have to stick 'em and they beg you to make them stop!
So glad she is all better!

5/30/2006 8:20 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

aww, your poor baby!
glad she's doing better!

5/30/2006 10:12 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

awwww! poor baby! i'm so glad she's doing better! i once had staph infection in my mouth, so I know what that's like. poor baby. i'm so glad she's better now. :(

sorry you had a poopy weekend! that monkey is awesome though!

dude, i got your chai on saturday!!!! wooo hoooo! thank you so much! it's SO great! i love me some chai. everyone though i was crazy drinking a hot drink when it's like 90 out. i like hot drinks year round though! again, thank you SOO much! it's really yummy!!!! :) you're the cutest! :)

5/30/2006 11:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Aww poor baby, she does look sooo cute though!! hope she feels better, cool new car!

The aliens have returned me to blog world, so.....um.... anyone know how to remove an anal probe??

5/30/2006 1:09 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

sorry about the infection. Yikes, that was scary.
Nice car!

5/30/2006 5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

poor, poor Melana!! Hopefully she won't develop a fear of hospitals and Drs from this!

5/31/2006 10:25 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Oh Greta. Is Melana feeling better now?? It sucks when you have to put your babies in the hospital where they have to stick them a million times.

p.s.
luv the car!!

6/03/2006 9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor baby, how scary! I'm glad that she's better now.

6/05/2006 5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home