QUICKCUTZ FOR SALE NEVER USED!!!

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Tell me About the Day I was born...

This is a page I did for Melana..

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The journaling reads:

You were a scheduled C-section for 7:30 am on March 10, 2004. I woke up at around 4:30 am because I was nervous and just couldn't sleep. We were suppose to be at the hospital for 6:00 am so they could prep me and give me fluids and hook me up to all the monitors. However, we arrived at 5:20. I just couldn't wait any longer. Dr. Pappas had to bump me for an emergency C-Section he had to perform on another mother. While I was patiently waiting the nuse had come in the room and asked me if I was feeling anything? At that point I was feeling a few cramps but nothing real major. She then advised me I was having contractions. As the time went on they were getting harder and harder. The anesthesiologist (I'd like to call him Dr. Feelgood) comes in and gave me the "oh so wonderful" epidural. After the epidural took effect I was feeling no pain. Thank goodness because I didn't like the contractions at all. At about 10:00 am I was rolled back into the O.R. with daddy in tow. He was so excited because he was not able to be in the O.R. for the birth of your brother. They put my big whale butt on the table and draped all the curtains over so I couldn't see anything. Dr. Pappas had asked if I could "feel this". I told him no and he went to cutting. Your daddy wanted to be down there so bad he couldn't stand himself. He was suppose to be sitting at my head and comforting me but was he? No. He wasn't. He was behind the curtain watching as you were being taken out of the womb. You were born at 10:24 am on Wednesday March 10, 2004 weighing in at 8 pounds 15 ounces 21 1/2 inches long. When the nurse called time and she said 10:24 (in police code that means assignment complete) your daddy was just glowing. He of course left me as they stitched me up and went right with you to get all cleaned up and hold you for the first time and show you off to everyone waiting in the waiting room for your arrival.

8 Comments:

Blogger elizabeth said...

awww...that page turned out sooo good!

isn't it great to have all this mojo me and you have been having lately.

okay, when are we going to get together for an all day scrap-a-thon. while i'm thinking about it, lemme see if the daycare is open on memorial day ;)

5/15/2006 11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a brave woman! The thought of giving birth/C-sect scares the bajesus out of me!

5/15/2006 12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful entry!! Love that page!

5/15/2006 1:15 PM  
Blogger jessica said...

What a special page for your daughter to have:)

5/15/2006 2:02 PM  
Blogger Shanna said...

aww so sweet!!

5/15/2006 2:19 PM  
Blogger Di said...

Awww, how beautiful! Inspires me to do a page for Ian...but that entails remembering that his dad was there, lol. I haven't done much scrapping for Ian's baby book because there were a lot of bad memories associated with his dad, and I felt fake when I did a couple of pages that sound "happy" when his dad was in some of it, because there might have been some happy moments, but then his dad would do something to f*** it up...but I may break down and do this kind of page myself. I'm in a scrapping slump.

5/15/2006 3:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I had the Big C too but when my doc asked "can you feel this?", I said "Uh, yeah!!" It was not as smooth as yours! Still happy when I saw the size of my boys noggin'.
lol

5/16/2006 7:47 AM  
Blogger flounder said...

That is so cool. We will ave to do one like that for Jake.

5/16/2006 1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home