QUICKCUTZ FOR SALE NEVER USED!!!

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Food for Thought....

or at least, I think so and that's all that counts. Today as I was scrolling through the list of blogs I read I came to Michelle's and she had posted her thought's on blogging. I thought it was really cool and had never really thought about it before. So here is my thoughts on blogging and why I do it.

My best friend Elizabeth has had her blog for over a year now and had been telling me for about a year now that I need to start one...blah blah blah..So I go into this spill where I don't have time to keep up with it and on and on and on...(at this point wondering how in the hell she has time to do it along with all the other stuff she does) anyway...So Hurricane Katrina comes and damn near wipes us off the map. Well it wasn't long after that I decided while sitting in the command post at the Police Department with Eliz that I was going to start a blog to let friends and family who live out of state and some who live out of the country know that we are ok and so they can keep up with what's going on in our lives and with the kids. I am so terrible at ordering hundreds of dollars worth of pictures and never, never send them to friends and family. Shit what am I talking about I see some people on a regular basis and they still don't get pics...HMPH!! I know I need a slap on the hand. Hey that will be a new year's resolution...geez I am getting of on another tangent...so as we are sitting at the PD watching everyone run around like chickens with their heads cut off because everyone is still in shock basically that we were so devestated I said hey Eliz can you show me how to do the blog then you been telling me about? Eliz says " Sure so wshe starts showing me what to do and I been doing it ever since. I thought now instead of eveyone relying on me for pics I can just post them and if they want it they can save them and print them. I swear I have good intentions but I cannot manage my time worth a damn. Well after about 10 post I started thinking, hey I like this. This is away for me to ramble, rant and rave, hoop and hollar if I so choose and just chat about nothing really. What I have to say most of the time is of no importance at all. So with that being said that is why I now blog, and by the way, I am kicking myself in the ass for not doing this along time ago. To me it's therapudic and relaxing. I do not get much time for myself so this is my own little way for some R & R.

Now the big question to YOU is.........

Why do YOU blog?

6 Comments:

Blogger elizabeth said...

it is so friggin' funny that you posted something like this, b/c i have been thinking about this a lot lately. i really don't think that i say what i really want to say all the time b/c of certain friends and family members who check it on a regular basis. i also need to realize that i do this for me and no one else. so it doesn't matter if i get 10 comments or zero. its about me and my life.

i so think that i will have to make a post on this :)

12/27/2005 3:18 PM  
Blogger mikster said...

I poted something along this line a couple of days ago myself....kinda....blogging is addicting though....lol

12/27/2005 4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At first I started for me and then I started meeting people and that to me was cool, then it all changed and now I want to do it just for me again.....that is why I'm starting mine over and only handing it out to "real" friends and family, the people that genuinly care for me and love me no matter what. Sometimes ya just want to rant and know that there isn't someone on the other side of that rant enjoying your misfortune, KWIM??

12/27/2005 8:40 PM  
Blogger Raina* said...

I started blogging shortly after I started scrapbooking. It sorta went hand in hand. Actually, I'd say 95% of my readers are scrappers...and only maybe....2-3 personal friends or family read my blog. They just don't 'get' blogging.

So, in a nutshell, I started blogging in hopes of making new friends...and it worked!!

12/27/2005 9:12 PM  
Blogger Di said...

I blog because I have no friends...at least not here in West Virginia, I have no girls I hang out with, get away from the stress with...I've lived here 3 years in this small town and feel like I just don't fit in, all my best gal pals are in California, the people I go drinking with, go have a girls night with, get away from the kids with...all back home in California. That's why I started to blog, I needed something to let out and express myself with. :) No family members read my blog, these are things I chose not to share with them, lol. I do have a separate blog where I update family/friends, but usually do updates with them through e-mails (one generated e-mail to the whole lot). So, that's why I blog, I needed a release and with no friends here to talk about the daily grind with, lol...it was the next best thing, and I've made a few friends along the way, which is pretty much the reason for my starting it in the first place. Sheesh, that was a long answer, yeah? Kinda like my blog entries, haha. Happy blogging!

12/28/2005 7:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I started blogging for the same reason as Raina ... I wanted to meet loads of scrap girlies :) Plus now it's a way for my family and friends to keep up with my life, see the photos I take and the art I create.

12/29/2005 12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home